Monday, October 29, 2012

Witch Hat

Wanted a cute witch hat so I could dress up to watch the movie Hocus Pocus with my nephews and niece and found this very easy DIY tutorial :) Was so easy to do that I made 7 hats in different sizes and colors to decorate with my family. She shows you one way she decorates her hats for decor but I thought it would still make a cool wearable one too.

Here's the before shot :) We had a lot of different things to decorate with as to give them options. We had foam stickers, googly eyes, felt, ribbon, pipe cleaners, puffy balls, rhinestones, Halloween buttons and fabric paint to name a few but you can pretty much use anything :) Kids really seem to like fabric paint. It was everywhere by the end of decorating so be sure the cover your work surfaces beforehand.

These are the ones the kids decorated. 
 Here's the one my Mom decorated. She made the spider out of puffy balls and pipe cleaners
One side of my Big Sister's hat
And the other side. It came out really cute. The candies on the side are actually buttons
 And here's mine :) Not sure if you can tell but I Really like googly eyes. I stitched on the spider web and the band is made of pipe cleaners braided together. I was upset that my sister's came out cuter but I still like mine too :)

Afterwards we watched the movie and I made my sister take pictures of my outfit and hat which led into a big fun photo shoot. I'll leave you with one picture, but you can check out my blog for more.

Camera Phone picture so kinda blurry, also all sweaty from trying to do a jumping picture. lol
If you decide to make your own hat I'd love to see a picture.... Send them my way :) Bye! Bye!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment