Monday, November 12, 2012

Karaoke Time

This past Sunday we threw a little get together for our Little Sister's B-day. It wasn't anything big, just the family getting together to do what we do best; which is embarrass ourselves. ;P

Since we're "adults" now and don't have all the money in the world to do the things we wish we could. Parties are one of the things I try to get the biggest bang for my buck. Depending on who's putting together the event we will divide up what to bring to save a little extra cash, because lets face it... we all need that little extra bit.

But, when throwing a party to ME decor and ambiance is what sets the tone and mood for the event. You don't have to spend a lot of money to do this though if you use a little creativity, and even the smallest of events can feel special :)

Since my Little Sister is a BIG karaoke fan, I knew that I'd do a karaoke themed party. All of the decorations I used were from previous parties I've thrown over the years (I have 1 to 2 boxes of party supplies that have supplies I've used or made. I really love to throw parties ;))

In the dining room area (above) we hung cassette tapes (from my 80's party) and Cd's (from a previous karaoke party). Both were painted or spray painted to match the color scheme of the event. We bought the cassette tapes online for a reasonable price but you can try craigslist or ask friends if they have any. The Cd's were ones we had lying around the house that we no longer used so I gave them new life ;) And of course a Happy Birthday banner; which I purchased at the dollar store long ago. A very great investment if you really like celebrating birthdays.
This is the view from the dining room into the living room.
(Sorry about my head; I got this picture from a friend and I loved the decor angle)
The walls in the living room we covered with records and music notes. The records were from my 80's party (my friend had some she never used, so we spray painted some of them) and the notes I bought from Party City a couple of years ago (they're 4.99 for an 18 pk). The KARAOKE TIME! is foam letters that I cut out to match the Cd's I painted in the previous picture. We used streamer to make the staff lines and put the notes on top and BAM we have an awesome backdrop for pictures :)
And above is the cake I baked. It's a little weird since one of my circle pans was rusted (so I had to use a square one) but I think we did a good job of making it work and it was as colorful as everything else :) 

I didn't spend any money on decorations since everything I used was stuff I already had but I think the impact it made really made it feel like a party. I should have got more pictures of the decor (the notes and records covered all the walls) but I think you can kinda see how the result looked. This was just one of the many parties I have thrown over the years but I have had fun planning all the details because it really does make a big difference. I hope to show y'all more party decor ideas and I might even bust out some old pictures of some other ones I have done. If you have any questions on decorating ideas, especially themes (I love a good theme party) even on a budget send me a message and I'll try my best to help out :) Just know that to make a big impact presentation really is key. You don't have to spend a lot of money, but putting in the time and energy to put up all the decor is what really matters. Good Luck and I hope this gave you some party inspiration :) For more information on how the day went and my outfit click here

No comments:

Post a Comment